Friday, October 19, 2012

Tough Mudder Kentucky, T minus 1 day

I want to apologize up front as this is less a post and more the ramblings of an overly excited mud runner.

My second Tough Mudder is on Saturday, Oct 20th in Kentucky. I can't wait. The first one I ran in Ohio in April of this year was outstanding. It was a journey and adventure all in a few hours. It gave me such a sense of accomplishment. After running a couple 25K's and 20K's, the Tough Mudder gave me the biggest thrill by far.

I'm not sure you can truly appreciate the feeling of the build up to one of these events unless you have done it yourself. If you haven't done it, you need to. I honestly think something changes about a person once they do one. Once they come to terms with the idea that they can do more than they have before. I feel much more confident now than I did at my first. Although, about two days before the first a calm did come over me. I realized that I can easily run the distance. I have trained on obstacles and worked on strength and that there was nothing I wouldn't be able to get through. No reason to worry. Just go and have fun. So I did. And I qualified for the WTM.

Hope I'm as fast as this guy.


My thoughts are all over the place. It may be the toffee latte I had a little while ago or it's the excitement to do something truly great.

We will be at Big Rock Off-Road Park in Maysville, KY. When there aren't 10,000 crazy people running obstacles in the park, here is what it usually looks like http://bigrockoffroadpark.com/.

For our purposes here is what it will be turned into. http://toughmudder.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/12.10.20.KY-Final-Course-Map.pdf

For the spectators there will be ample places to watch the madness. The map has highlights of the obstacles that are more commonly viewed. The Electro Shock Therapy, Everest, and Walk the Plank are fan favorites.

For now I'll conclude my rambling and I'll report  back after the run. As for all of you, get out and GET SOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment