Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Appendix, who needs that?

So I'll be off training for the next two weeks or so. I have the Mudninja this Saturday and I'm not sure I'll be able to participate. That bothers me a great deal as I have people I was going to run that with. We shall see. On Saturday evening I went into the hospital and Sunday I had my appendix out. I was released Monday morning.

The procedure was quick and easy. So far, post operation I have had no pain medication. They did it differently that what I have seen or heard about before. I had three incisions instead of the large cut over the appendix. One to put a camera in and two for instruments. They located it, took it off and then slid it out through the camera hole. Simple as could be, it took 45 mins and I was cognisant shortly after. WebMD says you can get up and move around within 12 hours. I got up after one. I was so bored laying in bed. I took a walk around the floor I was on. a few hours later I took a couple laps. I truly think staying in shape will help with the recovery.

The worst thing is they said don't lift anything over a gallon of milk when you get home, That will prevent me from doing quite a bit. However I have my trusty assistant with me this week and he has been extremely helpful. And today we played outside. It was good exercise for him as I walked back and forth at one end of the house and ran ran the entire way around the other part. Kept me active and kept him going. Even when you're down you're not out.

I will try to get a few posts up this week and keep all of you in the loop and give you some good advice while you are still out GOATing.

No comments:

Post a Comment