Monday, July 16, 2012

Who is the crazy guy at Wolf Run Park?

Wolf Run Park by onecooldaddio at Garmin Connect - Details

Got out and got some yesterday. You should have too. This is a great idea you can do at pretty much any park. I ran at Wolf Run Park in Mount Vernon, OH. I chose this park because of the hills that it offers. After a short half mile warm up I hit the first hill which is followed by another sizable hill after the downhill. The trail continues over the river and through the woods. Any fallen logs I found I ran down to practice balance. I climbed over the remaining trees that were down from the storm and made sure to take the more difficult route when I had a choice. I also added my own exercises.

Every half mile I stopped to do an exercise. I ran a half mile and hit a bridge where I did 15 full body crunches. After the first two will I found a bench and did 15 elevated push ups. Over the 5 miles I stopped at different spots and did 15 of chin ups (using a branch), in and outs, dips, curls using a log, push ups, and leg lifts.

These are all easy exercises that anyone can do and add into their routine. Honestly I think the hardest part for most people is, but I'll look stupid. There are many ways to look at it. First, who cares? You are the one doing this for yourself and what other people that you will probably never talk to think doesn't matter. And second, they actually might think what you are doing is cool. That's the one more likely to be true. They might even ask you what you are doing and why. Tell them you were tired of being ordinary and sitting around the house. Tell them whatever you reason is. Set a good example for the kids, run your first 5K, whatever it is. You wanted to GOAT. So go get out and GET SOME!

Utilize whatever you have, benches, trees branches, or logs.

Heading up hill number 1.

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your demonstration of the elevated pushup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! If you do a piked push-up (hips up in the air) it will mimic a handstand push-up. Or you could do handstand push-ups with your feet against a tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ran here yet? Its kind of nice and I made a loop that is almost exactly 5 miles. Its up in Mt Vernon near the movie theater.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've run there several times. Just an FYI...they allow deer hunting there in the fall, so don't wear white and brown. haha ;) I really like the huge hill!! Perfect for hill sprints.

      Delete