Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Training Partners

I do a lot of my training alone. Many of us have busy schedules and can't always get together with someone else to train. And after all, at the end of the day it is you that you have to answer to. Did you try your hardest, did you find an excuse not to workout, did you do something good for someone else today? So move yourself so that at the end of the day you can reflect and say, yes, I did my best today.

Sometimes its nice to workout with a partner. They can motivate you, can keep you on track, make you GOAT when you don't want to. You will return the favor when they are feeling less than active. I'm fortunate to have a few training partners who I can frequently work with and they all add a different aspect to my overall game.

I have someone who is much better than me and gives me something to strive for. He pushes me through the hills and believes that I can do it when I question it. Then I have to do it. I have another friend who is close to my fitness level so we can do many activities together, and be competitive. I also have a certain someone who makes me want to be the best I can be in everything. I need to be smarter, faster, stronger, more caring, tougher, quick witted, eat right, read more books, watch less TV, and I need to be so much more to be what he deserves. But he loves me anyway and I love him and training with him is the best. We get out and GET SOME! And here he is, my boy:


Teamwork.

Burpees Dad? Okay!

3 comments:

  1. I have a training partner that looks a lot like yours. We are so lucky. I liked this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post!

    ReplyDelete